The first official day of spring was March 20th, but it’s never too late to start our spring cleaning! Cleaning and tidying our homes for the warmer months gives us a fresh start and the opportunity to relax in a peaceful environment. If you struggle with mobility issues or think you might need a helping hand, recruit some family members to help out!
- Sort through your clutter, and decide if any items need to be donated: Notice a mound of clothes you aren’t wearing, or a picture frame gathering dust? Now is the time to go through your home and decide which “previously loved” items can be donated to charity or given to family and friends
- Deep clean that medicine cabinet! Go through and safely dispose of any expired medications or medications you no longer take. You can also take this opportunity to declutter expired over the counter meds too!
- Commit to organizing! Now is a great time to put those loose pictures in a photo album, sort through your jewelry, or toss threadbare towels. If you aren’t using it, it’s only taking up space!
- Swap out your wardrobe! With warmer weather on the way, put away those winter coats and sweaters and break out your sandals and t-shirts.
- Last but not least, the cleaning! Dusting, mopping, and vacuuming sound like a chore, but are definitely worth the effort! If you are able to perform these tasks yourself, go for it! If not, ask a family member or friend to help.
Why not try playing your favorite music or putting on your favorite film in the background as you tidy? Or even listen to a podcast or audiobook- the time will fly by!